3.24.2011

South City Kitchen's Cornbread and Biscuits

There was a time in my life when I selected a restaurant largely on the basis of whether they had a bread basket (it's good value, right?).  Poor Law Student habits die hard.  One restaurant whose bread basket I deeply loved was South City Kitchen.  Getting those warm, delicious, fresh baked biscuits and cornbread and slathering them with butter (mmmm, butter) was the highlight of the meal.
 
Today I visited South City and ate carrot and beet soup while my companions ate the bread.  Have to say, I only missed the bread just a littttttttttttttle bit. :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Biscuits I can do without but cornbread has a very special place in this southern girl's heart! But I have been so sick since getting gluten-bombed by meatloaf breadcrumb sneak-attack that not even cornbread could tempt me right now :/

    ReplyDelete