3.13.2011

Minty Werther's and race treats

At Massage Envy, they always have a bowl of Werther's candies mixed with peppermint lifesavers. This results in Werther's that taste vaguely minty and gross, but I usually eat them anyway--just because they are there, right?  Today, no Werther's.

Also, this morning there were a plethora of non-paleo samples and snacks (Great Harvest Bread, anyone??) calling to me as I volunteered for the Shamrock and Roll Road Race. I decided to forego the treats and go to the gym.

Result?  New jerk PR.  While I can't say my PR on the WOD was a result of skipping snacks, it's fair to say I don't need them to set a PR. :)

Stay strong on this beautiful day, BTB45ers.

1 comment:

  1. Free stuff is totally the hardest to pass up... as if we're genetically/socially programmed to snatch up anything that's free, even if we don't really want it.

    ReplyDelete