3.16.2011

Doctor WHAT?!

Hey there, sexy. So, here I am, stuck working at home, feelin' kinda drowsy and wishing for something tasty and refreshing to pick me up. You've always been my number one choice for caffeinated goodness...

But that was before all these studies came out linking artifical sweeteners with increased hunger and calorie intake and disrupted neural and behavioral responses, with one addiction study even concluding that "the absolute preference for taste sweetness may lead to a re-ordering in the hierarchy of potentially addictive stimuli, with sweetened diets... taking precedence over cocaine" (Lenoir, PLoS One, 2007).

Holy gawd I do NOT need that in my life right now. You're no good for me and that's why I'm giving you the cold shoulder. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment